Let him sleep, for when he wakes, he will move mountains! This boy of mine keeps me very busy, but it is times like this that a mother reflects on the amazing child that is growing and changing. He is so sweet! I wish you could hear his soft voice that often says, "day doo", (thank you) or "lena, er r oo?", (Aileena, where are you?) or my favorite, "uv oo", (I love you). I have rearranged the living room many times to accommodate this climber, the chairs at the dining room table line my walls instead of the table because although he thinks he is spider-man, he can't climb the walls like he does the table. My bookshelves are empty, and if it is valued, you are strongly encouraged to keep it out of sight and reach.
Someday he will move mountains. In the meantime he just moves my furniture. I know that this sweet little boy has many gifts. Our children all do. As a mother, I feel the overwhelming responsibility to teach him how amazing he is, and then let him go. They really are ours for such a short time. A recent blogger reminded me of how important it is that we spend quality time with our children. We need to teach them many things, but the most valued of these will be I love you, Heavenly Father loves you, trust the Lord, Jesus Christ lives!
What would we do without them?






4 comments:
There is something so delightful in finding the busiest child peacefully still. I love it! He is so cute, and what you said was beautifully put. What a great boy and what a great Mom!
Thanks so much for visiting me on my special day…I could hardly sleep last night I was so excited!
Lee :)
Holly I love this Boy I think he is the sweetest boy ever!
OH boy do I know these kinds of boys. I have two of my own and step boy that nearly took down the house a time or two...
Thank you for stopping by my blog today and sharing your comment love!
Post a Comment