Monday, September 29, 2008

What is your gift?

I have accepted the challenge! Commit to at least one daily experience where you share something of yourself with no expectation of being acknowledged or thanked. Take a minute and think about what that "gift" will be. The feeling of starting the day in the spirit of selflessness and gratitude is the perfect way to begin your day. 

A good friend of mine has been struggling with health problems her husband is facing. She patiently listens to all who need an ear to listen. She offers loving support without any hesitance. She has blessed my life so much! My heart is full of gratitude when I think of what an amazing person she is. My gift? I dropped by her shop today, just long enough to leave a little somethin' on her desk and tell her I love her. She was with a client, so my timing was perfect! Did I give her a gift? No, it was all mine to receive. When your well seems empty, and ready to dry up, try this out. Your well will runneth over!

4 comments:

Brooke said...

What a great idea! I think you are already so good at this. I need to follow your example!

Dawn said...

I really like this idea. I think I will have to give it a try. Hang in there, you are doing great. Just think, she's smilin' down on ya...

Mary Jane said...

You are being a bee-there girl!
You are such a good example of this!

Heather said...

You are so amazing. I always feel enlightened after visiting your blog. I like all the posting too.