...to wear these wild socks. Aileena's favorite thing about starting school this year was the "funky" socks she bought with her own money. It seriously took 2 hours to figure out just the right outfit to wear the first day! And she's only 8!
Oh dear! What am I in for? Aileena has the "funkiest" personality, and she is not afraid to share it. She said she was going to walk in to class the first day and declare "BAM!" It is so fun to watch her grow and change in to this fun, bubbly, "funky" "tween". Don't get me wrong. This territory terrifies me too. But she is such a delight to listen to and to watch. Look out third grade, here she comes!
Monday, August 25, 2008
Oooh, I can't wait...
scribbling by Stella at 6:13 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






5 comments:
I love the socks and the outfit you put together is perfect! As a teacher, I love when a student comes in and declares "BAM." Especially with a smile like that! Good luck with 3rd grade...and the rest of the drama that comes with it! Watch out for 6th grade!
Okay, seriously! This is a girl after my heart! I wish for this for my children, but alas, they are in UNIFORMS! I have to admit, sometimes I am a little grateful for the uniforms, though. :)
Aileena, I love the outfit!!! Those soxes roxes!!!
Love the sox, girl!!! BAM!!!
oohh, I've been itching for a pair of those, myself. But I'm not so sure I can pull it off as well as Aileena can.
Too cute!
Oh, and yes, apparently Virginia is for lovers. It's a saying I see everywhere, must've been brought in in the 60's. I haven't really noticed what they're talking about, if anything everyone here is so wrapped up in their luxury SUV, who has time for family. But that could be a part of Northern VA, particularly. Everyone here seems to have a Masters and a Mercedes...BLEH!
I love her sassy style. SO CUTE!
Post a Comment