Thursday, August 14, 2008

Give a little...

L Plain Educational Block O V E

How do you give a little?

Kisses behind my toddlers ear
Snuggling with Aileena while we endure another episode of "Super Why" with Jens
Having a cold drink ready when my hard working husband walks through the door
Forgiving someone who has hurt you deeply
Sending a card to a friend you have been think about
Singing your daughters favorite song with her for the 100th time
Making a yummy treat and leaving it secretly for the neighbor
Harvesting from the garden and sharing the rewards with my family in a delicious dinner

9 comments:

Jennifer said...

That's just what I needed to hear today. Thanks!
Hand Picked Daisy

Sheri Willardson said...

So sweet! Love the list.

And I laughed my head off at the crayon salad. I feel so bad that all your hard work was for naught, but I think every toddler does that at some point. I can totally relate!

About the digital scrapbooking-yes, I have become quite an addict. My favorite website for making books is Heritage Makers (heritagemakers.com-or there is a link on my page under saturday scrapbooking) There are so many good sites out there for scrabooking design-a few more of my favorites are shutterfly and shabby princess. I can give you some more names if you would like. Sometimes it is hard to get started until you actually go to a home party or something. If you want, I can refer my heritage maker consultant to you-then she can contact you and maybe you could go to one of her demos. She also does online demos if you don't want to go to one of her parties. I think it is so much easier than the old fashioned way of scrapbooking-and I just don't have time anymore, now that I have 3 kids. I hope that helps, and I can give you more info if you want.:)

Trish said...

Sometimes it's what I do:

Curling carrots, making smoothies, leaving an occasionaly flower on a pillow at night, little notes in the lunchboxes, cuddles...

Sometimes I show love with what I DON'T do:

Get upset for repeating something for the 15th time in a day, get upset about having to deliver lunch or homework to the school again, shout back at the 4 year old shouting at me, hold grudges about messes and undone chores, become exasperated with questions or irritated with the same song sung for the 1000th time.

Sometimes love is shown with a wink, a hug, or a little extra whipped cream. In so many ways love is manifested here every day.

***LIZ*** said...

I'm a big card sender! I love to send Christmas cards and birthday cards. I am not as good as I wish I was but I know how much I love mail that is not bills so I send cards and pics out whenever I get the chance. Speaking of which, I meant to get it when I saw you, but I need your address to put you on our Christmas card list. Will you email it to me please! alisobeth@hotmail.com

Hilary said...

Oh! I just threw up a little. ha ha...just joking. Seriously, it's so easy to forget these little things that make life so great. Thanks for the reminder.

We were in VA Beach for my class last weekend, and just being there I thought of how much you guys would enjoy it. It was just a "you" type of thing. We should plan that for next summer! Or in the next month. But next summer is probably more do-able.

Love you!

hope said...

I agree with Hilary... that is if I am invited as well. I was already talking to Shawn about doing an East COast vacation next summer. I would love to visit the Church History sites in New York, and visit all the patriotic sites around Hilary. How perfect!!

hope said...

Oh, and I am a hug person!! Love em!!

Danielle said...

Hey Holly! Goodness it has been a long time. I found a link to your blog from Tom & Dawn's(I'm new to the blogging world). Your kids are adorable and you sound so happy. I would love to keep in touch and see what's been up with you for the past few years. Check out our blog at www.nelsonsupnorth.blogspot.com if you would like or email me nellupnorth@gmail.com. Talk to you soon.

Heather said...

What a great pat on the back. We don't do that enough.