Sunday, October 19, 2008

thirty six years of WIZ DUM & NO LEDGE!


Some might say that when you have lived as long as I have, you should know a little something. You know, the kind of things that only come with life's experiences? Well, let me tell you exactly what I DON'T KNOW!


WIZ- I don't know why boys think it is cool to say, "I've gotta take a WIZ"! Ewww!

DUM- I don't know why my children think I am sooooo DUM! Uhg!

&- I don't know why this wierd looking symbol represents the undaunting task of asking our children to do something...& pick up your shoes, & do your homework, & finish your dinner, & take a bath, &...!

NO- I don't know why it is so hard to accept the answer "NO". Even us adults have a difficult time listening when the answer is "NO"!

LEDGE- I don't know who (haha, you thought I was going to say why) thought it was a great idea to climb this mountain we call "life", but the view from the LEDGE I am on is amazing!
Life has been difficult, scary, lonely, extremely challenging at times, exciting, passionate, fun, and extremely fulfilling at times. Climbing the mountain of life is sure to have ledges. The greatest joys of my life have come, not from holding on tight to my ledge and starring stright up at the top that seems I will never reach, but in having faith that the view is breathtaking, if I will only take the time to look.
What I do know?
I know that time is precious!
I know that life should be cherished!
I know that love should be shared!
I know that faith must be exercised!
I know that patience is a gift we give, not have!
I know that forgiveness is pivotal in any progression!
I know that happiness is a choice!
My birthday wish this year?

"...What is most important almost always involves the people around us. Often we assume that they must know how much we love them. But we should never assume; we should let them know...send that note to the friend you've been neglecting; give your child a hug...let us relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey, and share our love with friends and family. One day each of us will run out of tomorrows". Pres. Thomas S. Monson

18 comments:

jewelstreet said...

Isn't your family so precious?!

Great post! A lot of things we should all remember.

Jill said...

Happy birthday Holly! We need to go do the park thing again before it's freezing outside. Maybe Jens' little face won't turn bright red this time. :)

Sheri Willardson said...

I love the family picture-you look amazing!

And you always have the most inspirational thoughts. Thanks for reminding me to enjoy the simple things. :)

FROGGITY! said...

precious family! and Happy Birthday to you!! hope it was wonderful.
cheers!

hope said...

I love you, girl!!!

Trish said...

My comment must be sung. I know you have a beautiful voice! Sing this one to yourself, for me!

Happy, Happy Birthday, Holly, dear!
Happiness will come to you all year!
If I had one wish, then it would be,
A Happy, Happy Birthday, to you, from me!

Happy, Happy Birthday, Holly, dear!
Wis, Dum, &, No Ledge you won't fear!
Because you are so good and kind, and true,
That when we need inspired, we look to you!

Love you on your big day, and every day! Oh, and LOVE the family photo, too!

Brooke said...

Your family picture looks great! You are so wise and express yourself well. I wish I could do that!

Brooke said...

Your family picture looks great! You are so wise and express yourself well. I wish I could do that!

The Claysons said...

Happy Birthday to you! What day was it? You're picture is so cute. Of course... when you have such cute models, you can't go wrong!

McLerran Family said...

Cute family picture! Your family is adorable!

Mary Jane said...

Your family picture is amazing! So it's your Birthday! I think you have lived an amazing life. IN the years that I have known you I have been taught by your giving spirit. I love that quote form Pres. Monson it makes me remember what is really important!
Hugs to you!

***LIZ*** said...

Happy Birthday Holly!!! I am in love with your family photo! You look amazing. And thanks for checking in, I am really okay, just super behind on the blogging, I was in NY all last week and just need to put up posts for all the pics I took.

Danielle said...

Happy Birthday! And what a happy family! You are awesome and hope you had a great day. Thank you for being you and for all of your inspiring words. :o)

Paige and Jason said...

happy Birthday. That was a great post to read. Very inspiring.

Becky said...

happy birthday!!

Johnson said...

Awesome post! I am so sorry I missed your birthday! Thanks for sharing such a great post!! You are wonderful! By the way..I LOVE THE FAMILY PICTURE!!!

AMezNewz said...

Hello my old friend! Long time no see! Sheesh la weesh! Remember that time where you got pen all over shasta's shirt at RCW! Good times! Thanks for finding me through fellow bloggers! I'll be sure to check out your blog!

Shantelle said...

I am so glad that we crossed blogs. YAY! Love the blog, love the pics, love you!