I have decided I would like to accept the responsibilities of an 8-year-old again.
I want to go to McDonald's and think that it's a four star restaurant.
I want to sail sticks across a fresh mud puddle and make ripples with rocks.
I want to think M&Ms are better than money because you can eat them.
I want to lie under a big oak tree and run a lemonade stand with my friends on a hot summer day.
I want to return to a time when life was simple.
When all you knew were colors, multiplication tables, and nursery rhymes, but that didn't bother you, because you didn't know what you didn't know and you didn't care.
All you knew was to be happy because you were blissfully unaware of all the things that should make you worried or upset.
I want to think the world is fair.
That everyone is honest and good.
I want to believe that anything is possible.
I want to be oblivious to the complexities of life and be overly excited by the little things again.
I want to live simple again.
I don't want my day to consist of computer crashes, mountains of paperwork, depressing news, how to survive more days in the month than there is money in the bank, doctor bills, gossip, illness, and loss of loved ones.
I want to believe in the power of smiles, hugs, a kind word, truth, justice, peace, dreams, the imagination, mankind, and making angels in the snow.
So...here's my checkbook and my car keys, my credit cards and all my responsibility.
I am officially resigning from adulthood.
And if you want to discuss this further, you'll have to catch me first, 'cause, "Tag! You're it."







6 comments:
Me too...Come pick me up and we'll go together. :)
This post made me get teary because that is EXACTLY what I have been feeling lately. You know that old saying "You cant go home again"...I really hate that because it's true. I wish so much that I could live my childhood again but this time with full knowledge of how good I had it and how incredibly lucky I was.
Don't get me wrong, I love my life and being a mom and i want to make those wonderful childhood memories for my own kids, but some days when it is just really hard, I want to just "go home again" and not have the worries like back then.
Thank you for this post, from the bottem of my heart, I could not have put it better myself.
Thank you!
Oh, come on, Holly. Just go outside wit a hose, hold it straight down, running, on one spot for several minutes, make your puddle and jump in it. "I Dare You!!!"
Go out andopen up a Hot Cocoa stand with Aileena. You know that is the only reason to have kids... to relive your childhood!
Holly!!!
I can't believe it has been this long! Like almost 20 years or something.. Your family is so cute!! Great blog. I just recently started blogging and I don't keep up like I should. I can't wait to get to know more about your family on your blog.
Susan (Fuller)Pew
Oh, that brought back so many memories. I wish we really could resign from adulthood! (although some days I really enjoy being an adult...)
That made me chuckle. Thank you. I acutally never want to be a kid again because than I would have to face the realities of adult like all over again. I will enjoy from the backseat watching my children
Post a Comment