Monday, January 26, 2009

Life's Greatest Secrets

One of the greatest secrets of life...

Having both PATIENCE and WISDOM!

What a tough lesson to learn though. This concept is brutally real for me these days. Patience for my nine year olds constant control battle with me, and wisdom to know that she is exactly like me! How on earth do you win this one??? Exactly! Not on earth, but in heaven. Thankfully my wisdom is stronger than my patience, so I remind myself that she is one of Heavenly Father's beautiful daughter's, and someday this challenge of mine will turn in to an amazing gift for her. She already is wise beyond her years, hopefully her Mama's controlling nature will become a gift someday too!

4 comments:

hope said...

Amen!!

Heather said...

We have each been given the very things that make us look upward and grow. You are amazing that you grasp this already.

Trish said...

That is the absolute BEST picture to go with your quote. LOVE IT!

Don't worry... they say that kids who try their parents' patience before they are teenagers learn not to try it while they are teenagers. If that is true, I am hoping my kids hurry up and try me now while they are still cute! :)

The Warner Family said...

I hear ya! We have battles over here at our house as well. The truth is they are so much like us, that I think that is what truley bugs us. I need to learn patience, and hopefully we will all turn out okay!