Monday, January 5, 2009

The "YES" Jar

My friends over at "Mama Manifesto" posted this idea a few days ago. I loved it so much, I thought I would share it with you.


So many times in our busy Mama lives, we find our children asking to do something, or go somewhere at the most in-opportune times. I think I say "No" to my children more than any other word in the english dictionary. Which brings me to my idea sharing. 

Ali over at Mama Manifesto suggested having a yes jar. Every time your children have an idea of something they want to do, but at the time is a "No", write the idea down and put it in to your "YES" jar. Once a month have a "YES" day. Dump out all of the ideas that have been "No", and make a few of them a "YES"! Imagine the ease of saying "No", without any guilt, because at least once this month, you are going to say "YES", and your children will love it!

5 comments:

Brooke said...

What a great idea. Thanks for sharing. I love your new blog look. Super cute!

Paige and Jason said...

Now THAT is a great idea. I am going to instigate that one in my house immediatly. Thanks for the idea.

Brad.Lindsey.Lexi.Rowen said...

Cute idea..I think I'll give it a whirl. Thanks for sharing.

Bama Holcomb Family said...

That sounds fun!!! I may have to steal that!!

McLerran Family said...

That does sound like a lot of fun! I hate feeling like I'm always being negative with Jake. I'll have to give this a try!