Tuesday, April 7, 2009

April Fools Dinner!

On April Fools, I told Aileena, that to celebrate, we would be eating dinner backwards! She was soooooo excited! I brought out the yummy cupcakes I made, and had piled the frosting on, just like she likes it. She chose the purple one (go figure).
For dinner we had chicken nuggets, mashed potatoes and gravy, and peas and carrots.YUM!

These pics say it all! Jens took one little bite, and decided he no longer likes cupcakes with frosting piled on. I wonder why? Hmmmm...
...Wait, is that a look of "I've been fooled"? Those delicious cupcakes were really meat-loaf and mashed potatoes. Aileena took such a big bite, anticipating frosting, that she had a very difficult time getting the potatoes down. Dinner however, was much easier. Mashed potatoes and gravy were ice cream and caramel, peas and carrots were runts, and chicken nuggets were chick-o-sticks! This was definitely the best fool I've done yet!

8 comments:

Kendra@My Insanity said...

That's a great one! The food looks great!

I might have to copy you next year. I've not done much for April Fools in the past, but this is fun (and not too mean). Great idea!

Becky said...

I love it!! I had seen something like that and wanted to do it, but I wasn't ambitious enough that day. I love the ice cream and caramel!!! that's awesome! :)

The Claysons said...

That is so fun! I love April Fools Day!

Hilary said...

Too cute! A friend of mine fooled her kids with "Chicken Not Pie" (Pie crust filled with vanilla pudding, chunks of orange and yellow startbursts (carrots and corn)and green Laffy taffy for the peas) Yours was way better, though. Makes me want to have kids just so I can trick them into eating all kinds of stuff.

Jill said...

Thats so funny, I was thinking those chicken nuggets looked a little weird, I didn' even notice anything was wrong with the other stuff. Such a cute idea! You are so creative. Yesterday was fun, glad you could come to Orem!

hope said...

That is so cute, Holly!! I never celebrate April Fool's with my family. One of these years, though!

Trish said...

I simply must do this next year. Brilliant!!!

Miss you. How are things?

Kathi and Gordon said...

Holly,

Ths is such a cute blog. It looks like Oregon was a hit
Love Kathi