Thursday, April 2, 2009

Dance Competition!


Aileena had her first dance competition on Saturday!!! She wasn't in a competitive team, but her teacher thought that the class was good enough, so she registered them! Aileena was soooooo excited!


Only her and 2 other girls got to be in the front for the finale and do the splits. She really worked hard at being able to do them!

VICTORY! Everyone got a participation trophy. Her first trophy, EVER!
If my sweet girl doesn't look very well, it's because she isn't! She wanted to dance so bad at the competition, that she told me she was feeling better after having stayed home from school the day before with a temp. So, we went to the competition, she danced her heart out, and when they were done, we found her. I gave her a hug, and when I did, she was burning up. We left quickly, to get her home and in bed!
We missed the awards ceremony, but her friend Lynae called her later and told her that her team took 1st place for their division! We are so proud of her. She really didn't want to let her team down!

6 comments:

Trish said...

Fabulous!!! Dancing is close to my heart. Good to see Aileena enjoying it! Poor girl. I would have done the same thing, though, at her age!

Jill said...

Good job Aileena!! I'm so impressed she did so well and was so sick poor girl! Way to go!

Hilary said...

How exciting! I didn't know she was in dance!

Congrats, Aileena!

hope said...

Poor, Sweetie. She looks like she did great!!! Congrats!

The Warner Family said...

Did you have one of those proud mom moments when she got up to dance? You know the ones where you are so proud and excited for them that you are trying to choke back the tears while your eyes are filling up with water! I do this often. Congratulations!

Sheri Willardson said...

Oh so fun! Good job to her team and winning first place. I love dance competitions-my girls have their dance recital next month and I can't wait! :)