Sunday, January 10, 2010

A rose by any other name...

In my search for feedback on my logo, I have received many requests for the history behind the name I chose. So, I guess we will see if it really does smell just as sweet!

I had many ideas that I was trying to transfer my thoughts and feelings in to. When it came down to it, for me, photography is about memories. Missing my mother dearly, had me reflecting a lot on my memories of her. One of my favorite memories is when ever she was having a bad day, she would announce that she felt like "stella swamp witch". I really don't know where she ever came up with that, but she even had a friend at the grocery store, that whenever she saw my mom she would say, "hello Stella", and my mom would always reply with, "well, hello Hazel"! Stella has become my alter ego! The 29 comes from the age my mom was and will always be know as. Aileena still asks me how old Grandma is. My answer will never change, 29!

My hopes, are that Stella 29 Photography will continue to inspire my life and create joyful memories for those I serve!

3 comments:

wenderful said...

Thanks for stopping by my 365 blog. :)

I followed a tutorial on a photography forum I am on. Basically you need to save your photos with the largest side at 600 pixels and then upload your photos to flickr. CLick on the photo once it's uploaded. Click on "all sizes". You'll get an HTML code at the bottom. Copy that code and then erase the first and last parts of it. Basically you'll want the middle part enclosed in these <> bracket. Then paste that code into your blogger message (make sure you are in the HTML editor). That should get you a larger picture. :)

Kristy said...

I love the designs of your logo choices!! Did you do them? I have been wanting a logo for my little business for a while now and I would love to have you design it!

Please email me I would love to chat with you about it.

thevintageclothespin@hotmail.com

Thanks!
Kristy

thevintageclothespin.blogspot.com

Hilary said...

Love the photos Holly! You're so talented! When I tried to leave a comment on your Stella29 blog, it wouldn't let me. It just didnt' do anything. :(

What kind of photo editor are you using?