Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Mystery...

how to host?
machine?
date?
Nope,
Mystery Pudding!


To celebrate the mystery that is "Mother ~ Daughter", Aileena and I decided to make Grandmas mystery pudding recipe. We had so much fun! The gift of being part of this dynamic duo is truly one of God's greatest. I miss my mother very much, but indeed, she gave the gift of passing on so many memories and traditions with my own daughter. Our daughters are only with us for a short time, and then they too will become mother's. Our legacy of love is left in these very moments. Where you lead, I WILL follow. I love you mom!

7 comments:

Trish said...

Sounds like good times and good eats rolled into one! You are an awesome Mom, just like your Mom before you!

***LIZ*** said...

YUM! Looks so good. I am going to have to see if Michael will help me make some of this!

Mary Jane said...

What a cute tradition! Looks yummy! You are in your element as a mother!

McLerran Family said...

Yeah! I love blogging too. It's so fun to see what everyone is up to. I heard about your mom. I'm so sorry. It's so hard to loose someone close to you, but it sounds like you are passing her legacy on to your daughter.

I can't believe how big Jens is! He's adorable! We need to do another picnic lunch sometime soon so I can come. Jeremy will be gone until the end of September so I'll have lots of time to spend with friends! :)

It's good to see that you're happy!

p.s. I never thanked you for your Christmas present last year. Sorry it has taken me so long, but I wanted you to know how much I appreciated it!

Emily said...

Aileena is such a beauty!

I want to make this, can I have the recipe!?

Hilary said...

ha ha ha...sorry to be such a "show-off". I'm actually not quite satisfied with the picture. I'm going to add some color to the bottom letters. But I haven't had time yet. I'm at work right now...shhhhh...

Love you!

Bama Holcomb Family said...

I confessed to Mom soon after they moved down here.... I never have liked Mystery Pudding. I don't like cooked fruit. The crust was fine. I think I was the only one who didn't like it though. Silly me I guess. However, the peach cobbler I made for Dad was thoroughly enjoyed!! Even by me. I think it is the cooked fruit cocktail! Maybe I should make this using peaches!! Hmmmmm.
Love you. Been cleaning today. You know where. Been kind of odd. Ran across the cake pan she used to make EVERY ONE OF US KIDS an ice cream cake. I think that is the tradition I will pass on.
XOXO