Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Peace

"Nothing real can be threatened. Nothing unreal exists. Herein lies the peace of God". How fragile do you handle your inner peace? The turmoil I have been experiencing since my mother's death has been the complete absence of peace. Did someone or something take it from me, or did I carelessly give it away? My journey to find it has been painful, to say the least. I have come to this conclusion. I gave it away! I decided to "see" things that were not real. Sure, it would have been a lot easier to shirk my responsibility and blame someone for the absence of peace in my life. But the truth is, I was the one who did not "handle with care". Now that the blame game is over, I can share with you what I learned.
Whatever I give my attention to becomes my reality. It doesn't make it real though. I have been giving my thoughts and attention to those things that have hurt me, disrupted my life, and caused a great deal of doubt and insecurity. Was it real? No! Why? Because, when we are living a christlike life, hurt is replaced by forgiveness, disrupt is replaced by clarity of the journey ahead, and doubt and insecurity are replaced with faith and trust in our Heavenly Father's plan. Forgiveness, clarity, faith, and trust are REAL! Therefore, they cannot be threatened. When we practice these four Christlike traits, we will have the peace of God.
We live in a world full of unreal distractions. Our peace must be guarded. We must ask the Lord to bless us with a forgiving heart, and the courage to continue the journey with the Lord by our side, having faith and trust that "in the end, all will be well, and if all is not well, it is not the end".
May peace always be with you and your loved ones!

5 comments:

Sheri Willardson said...

Thanks for the inspiration Holly! I am so sorry to hear about your mom-I can understand how you must have felt simply because that would be a hard thing to go through! But it sounds like you are going to be just fine because you are turning to the Lord.

Dragonfly Girl said...

it's good to know that those four Christ like trates can make these sort of things easier.... I thank heavenly father each day that Ihave you as a wonderful example...I love you and Iloved your mom very much I miss her too

Pam Mattick Art and Stuff said...

A wonderful post. I'm so sorry about your mom. If you look at the feature I just wrote on Faith Folk.blogspot you will see that Cindy lost her mom in Jan. May the Lord bless and keep you and may you find all of your comfort and solace in His embrace.
Sending you hugs,
Pam

Heather said...

Wow, Holly, thank you for that insight, I needed that.

Hilary said...

HA! I just happened across Danielle and Garrett's blog, and was about to send you the link, when I saw, you already had it on your blog. You beat me to it!