This Valentines Day I decided that my sweet, adorable, hunk of a man needed a break. Men are always under scrutiny to see how great they can "WOW" their sweetheart. So, this year I decided it was my turn to "WOW" him. My very talented and creative friend over at "My Insanity" posted a fun way to celebrate "V" day "Amazing Race" style. So the planning began!
This fun cake (yes, every bit of it is cake) was an idea I took from Bakerella. She has so many fun ideas over there, and it is always a challenge to try her creations, but I have never been disappointed! This was my first experience with fondant, and I must say, it was easier than I thought it would be. But, as you can see, I certainly have a long ways to go. The cake was going to be the prize for the best engagement story, but we all agreed to share it!
I gathered some friends together, and conspired to have some fun with our "Honey's". The clues were all in place and the race was on. While our "Sweethearts" were off on the race, we stayed at our house to make dinner, and create some fun bouquets of candy bars. Dinner was yummy chicken cordon blue with fettuccini alfredo, heart shaped jello, and salad.
You can't have a fun dinner like this without serving an equally fabulous dessert. Thanks to Cori Ann, our menu was topped off with delicious "Better Than Sex Cake"!
Dinner was a hit, but I must tell you about "the race". Stay tuned for more!
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
The Valentine WOW!
scribbling by Stella at 12:09 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






11 comments:
Wow!! THat's amazing! :)
Oooo. So much fun! I can't wait for the rest of the details! You're cake looks amazing! I thought it would be fun to try that one of these years, but this wasn't the one. It looks like you guys have so much fun at your house! Wish you lived closer and we could play together again!
WOW! You are too creative!!! HOLY COW! You make me sick.
wow is right! I saw that cake on bakerella but didn't even attempt it. yours looks great!
I love that you made the bakerella cake. I really considered it...But I made heart-shaped cake pops instead. 150 of them. Took them to everybody. :) Of course, I made wedding cake... that's what I always serve my fam on Valentine's, complete with See's chocolate filling with almonds. Mmmmmmmm.
I can't wait to see the nummy dinner! Looks like you had a blast! What fun!
Thanks you so much for including Eric and I your SUPER FUN - SUPER YUMMY evening. We had a lot of fun and are really looking forward to doing something again with you and your sweet hubby! :)
That is an amazing cake! You are so talented.
that sounds like so much fun! Can I come next year?? What do you do with all of the kids. I have such a hard time finding a sitter on that day of the year!
WOW! I am so impressed!!! what a great idea and you pulled it off so beautifully! Your hubby is one lucky man!
Hugs
What a great idea! You are super creative, and everything looks FABULOUS! I think your hunny is very lucky!! :)
Yum, that cake is amazing!! Just like you! What a fun idea.
Post a Comment